Admitted Student? Learn more about JLG!
Welcome 1Ls, LLMs, and transfer students,
Congratulations on your admission to Harvard Law School! If you are interested in the intersections of law and gender, we hope that you will make the Harvard Journal of Law and Gender a part of your experience at HLS.
The Harvard Journal of Law and Gender (originally the Harvard Women’s Law Journal) is the nation’s oldest continuously publishing feminist law journal. JLG is devoted to the advancement of feminist jurisprudence and the study of law and gender. By combining political, economic, historical, sociological, and legal perspectives, we seek to clarify legal issues that have gendered aspects and implications, and to confront new challenges to full social equality. Our journal also explores the interconnections between race, class, sexuality, and gender in the law.
Ways to get involved:
- Participate in the editing of our print volume as a subciter, line editor, or technical editor.
- Join our Senior Board as a managing editor, articles editor, executive content editor, executive technical editor, or executive online content editor.
- Help to choose the articles that we publish by serving as a selections editor on the Article Selection Committee.
- Write book reviews, case comments or blog posts for our Creative Content features.
- Come to our events where we bring authors and other scholars together to discuss cutting edge issues at the intersections of law and gender.
What makes JLG unique:
- We provide opportunities for our journal members to write, both online and in print.
- We have training for each aspect of the editing and writing process, so each member is supported in taking on a leadership role.
- JLG has a collaborative editing process, which includes an all-journal editing day (called a “subcite”) and small article team dinners that allow members of the JLG community to get to know each other.
If you would like to know more about JLG or have questions about HLS more generally, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, subscribe to receive our emails by filling out the form below!